The VAT tax returns will most probably be filed online, and there will be no facility for filing vat returns offline or manually. So, the businesses need to get themselves familiar with the online VAT filing process. Upon registration on the VAT portal, each taxpayer will be given a unique TIN and password for their online account on the website. These details are to be used to file returns online.
How to apply: Electronically through the DFTA portal -eservices.tax.gov.ae
Follow the easy steps below:-
- Visit the online portal of the Federal Tax Authority at tax.gov.ae
- Click the return filing option under the e-services section of the portal
- Log in FTA eService portal using your TIN and password
- Fill in the VAT return: Form with the details of your business, transactions, tax liability, penalties (if any), etc. The sales and all other outputs as well as on expenses and Upload the required documents, bills, etc. fill the all other inputs as follows: (1. The net amounts excluding VAT, 2.The VAT amount).
- Submit the Form: All the customer carefully review the information entered on the form. and fill the all mandatory fields and after that confirming the declaration.Once you satisfied all of the fill information included in the VAT Return is correct, click on the Submit button.
- The last Payment option through “My Payments” tab. Ensure payment deadlines are met.
The exact procedure for filing UAE VAT returns will be revealed only after the launch of VAT in UAE, however, the process is more or less likely to be the same as mentioned above.
Table of Contents
Value Added Tax (VAT) Returns User Guide
There are many audit firms, tax consultants and accountants in Dubai who can help you with the VAT implementation, rules and return filing once the new tax system is launched in the country.
All TAX return requirements before filling in the form
- Value of goods and services made within the limitations period, subject to the standard rate of the VAT, these supplies and VAT has to be separate by Emirate.
- The Supplies of the reverse charge provisions (If applicable) ( VAT has been declared, which other than goods imported ).
- Zero-rated supplies (If applicable).
- Exempt supplies (if applicable).
- Goods imported into the UAE (VAT due is occupied based on the amounts declared by your customs import declaration).
- Improvement to the goods item imported into the UAE (if applicable).
- You would like to recover input tax and the tax amounts that are recoverable which All expenses, subject to the standard rate of the VAT.
- The tax amounts that are recoverable. All expenses which were subject to the reverse charge for which you would like to recover input tax.